The unfortunate reality is that auto accidents happen every day in Florida. Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident can be a difficult and stressful process. However, you may be entitled to compensation that will allow you to recover.
If you have been involved in an accident, a lawyer can help determine your potential recovery and maximize your settlement. Contact the Florida car accident lawyers at Emmanuel, Sheppard & Condon today to see how we can help you.
What Will Help Your Car Accident Settlement Amount
There are many factors that go into a final car settlement amount. Although there is no “average” auto accident settlement amount in Florida, understanding the various factors can help you maximize your settlement.
Each case is different, but most contain the same underlying factors when it comes to determining the potential settlement amount. Some of the common factors that may affect your settlement include the following:
- Who was at fault;
- Extent of property damage;
- Existence and severity of physical and emotional injuries as a result of the accident;
- Amount of medical expenses incurred; and
- Loss of wages due to injury.
The existence of these factors, and others, may have an impact on the ultimate settlement you receive. An experienced attorney can determine the relevant factors that exist in your case and help you use them to your advantage.
Examples of Our Client Testimonials
- “Shane meticulously filed lawsuit on my 3rd accident for a great outcome! Wow! What an attorney! Who can have 3 accidents and 3 workers compensation claims and still get great results? I would recommend Shane anytime – to anyone in need of a great attorney – who truly cares about his clients!”
– Jana H.M.
- “Mr. Rowe was definitely the best attorney we could have ever hired! He took the extra time and effort to explain what we needed to know and hear. You truly have one of the best attorneys working for your firm! Thanks again.”
– Danny B.
- “Just wanted to say thank you for all you and your office did in getting my case approved. I received funds today. Thank you.”
– Susan H.
When and Why Should I Hire a Lawyer?
Car accident settlements can be a complex and time-consuming process that is difficult to navigate alone. While you can always try to handle a car accident settlement on your own, it may be to your advantage to hire a lawyer to assist throughout the process.
Research shows that car accident victims are often more likely to receive a greater settlement amount when they have legal representation.
A lawyer can help you gather evidence, calculate your potential recovery, and advocate for you on your behalf against opposing parties and insurance companies that will try to minimize your settlement.
How Long Will It Take?
Unfortunately, there is no simple answer to how long it might take to reach a final settlement in your auto accident case. Depending on the existing facts, it could take weeks, months, or even years.
However, a settlement that takes a long time to reach may actually be in your best interest.
An opposing party may try to rush you into a settlement. Although it may seem appealing to reach a quick settlement and put this all behind you, contacting a lawyer first to review your case and assess the factors could ultimately lead to a greater settlement.
Though this may result in a longer amount of time, it may be well worth the added time in exchange for a better outcome overall.
How Our Lawyers Can Help
The lawyers at Emmanuel, Sheppard & Condon have the knowledge and experience necessary to take on your case.
We understand that each case is different, and we are ready and willing to put in the time and effort to understand your case and fight to reach the outcome you deserve. Contact us today for a free case evaluation and see how we can help you.