Born and raised in Ebensburg, Pennsylvania, Galen Novotny graduated from the Pennsylvania State University with a Bachelors Degree in History with Honors and High Distinction in 1996. In 1999, he received his law degree from Capital University located in Columbus, Ohio. While attending Capital University, he completed a joint degree program at Ohio University located in Athens, Ohio earning a Masters in Sports Administration in 2000.
After a brief career in professional sports administration, Galen began to practice law and was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2000, and the Pennsylvania Bar in 2002. Over the course of his career, he has practiced in the areas of criminal defense, personal injury, worker’s compensation and family law in Northwest Florida. In 2005, he opened the law firm of Galen M. Novotny, P.A., where he practiced as a sole practitioner until joining Emmanuel Sheppard & Condon in January 2016.
Galen is a member of the Florida Bar, the Pennsylvania Bar, the Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association, the Society of the Criminal Defense Bar and the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. In addition, Galen serves on the Board of Directors for the Southern Youth Sports Association which serves the inner city youth of Pensacola where he has coached basketball since 2002 along with his board duties.
Areas of Practice:
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
- Worker’s Compensation
- Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio J.D. – 1999
- Ohio University, Athens, OhioM.S.A. – 2000 Major: Masters in Sports Administration
- Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania B.A. – 1996
Professional Work Experience:
- Condon & Associates, P.A., Attorney, 2000 – 2005
- Galen M. Novotny, P.A., 2005-2015
- Florida, 2000
- Pennsylvania, 2002 (inactive)
Professional Membership Activities:
- Escambia/Santa Rosa Bar Association, Member
- Society of the Criminal Defense Bar, Member
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
Community Involvement and Achievements:
- Board of Directors for the Southern Youth Sports Association Basketball Coach
Back to the Attorneys page.