If you are involved in a Florida motor vehicle accident, there are some steps you can take to ensure you receive the full amount of compensation you are entitled to. These steps include:
- Take pictures and/or video of the scene with your phone if possible (photograph license plates of other vehicles involved in the accident as well as damage to your vehicle and/or other property)
- Document anything that may have contributed to the accident such as an unmarked construction zone, debris in the road, hidden traffic signals, etc.)
- Talk to any witnesses and get their full names and contact information
- Write down the insurance information of anyone involved in the accident (take a picture of the insurance card if possible to avoid mistakes)
- Call the police so they can document the accident as well
- Seek medical treatment, even if your injuries seem minor (having documentation is important)
Being involved in a car accident is a frightening experience, especially when serious injuries occur. Many times people want to forget about the accident and focus on getting better. It is important to note that evidence can disappear, memories of the accident can fade, and insurance companies can delay or deny claims. Because of this, it is important to contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible so he or she can evaluate what happened while memories are fresh and evidence is still intact.
A skilled personal injury lawyer will guide you through the process, work with your insurance company, and serve as your advocate so you can focus on getting better. The Pensacola auto accident attorneys at Emmanuel, Sheppard & Condon represent individuals that are injured in motor vehicle accidents throughout the state of Florida, including car accidents, trucking accidents and motorcycle accidents.
To schedule a free review of your case, please contact our law office today.